Monday The 26th of September We Begin for 100 Days of Living From Spirit!

Changing our thinking about how we lose weight starts with gentle exploration of our inner life as our bodies are a reflection of our own thoughts.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Opening Our Heart to Ourselves and the Voice......

I asked some amazing women to join this journey with me.
100 Days of Living From Spirit!
100 Days of Feeding your Soul and Losing the Weight!
(click here) STEP ONE 
As with every new idea and every new adventure, we went through a process of saying yes to ourselves. Everyone had valid points- 
"YES I do want to do it.... :)))
immediate issues:  I need to find time to read all you have sent, I need to get into a place where I feel spiritual, I need to learn how to meditate!!!!"
" I don't want to weigh myself", "I am a flake and I have so much going on"," I don't understand ".
 I myself am riddled with fear that I will be unable to go to completion. 
This is the Voice of Resistance and our Ego Voices ( name it what you would like ) Chatter, Chatter I hear in my head, all the reasons why not to truly spend some time with myself and learn to love; accept who I am.

 Here is how I work with my Chatter - " well thank you very much for sharing" I say" but I am choosing to go this way... that feels good to me" " I am going to move out and away from my limitations and my old view of who I am ". "Thinking about the possibilities of commiting to me kind of excites me and I want to explore what that feels like". 
 Yes, I have a conversation. Luckily not out loud!
I always acknowledge but firmly decide to go towards the positive Voice that is dying to come out . Sometimes I look at the words in my head and if they come from a negative place (or have a negative feeling) I ver off on another path . The Voice and Chatter is a reminder that I am in fear at times and I am grateful for the awareness that I need to make another choice here.

Last night we had a raging storm, thundering and lighting outside and at 10pm I was not ready to sleep (my preferred bedtime). After my meditation I decide to watch some TV and as I reclined all cozy on the couch, thoughts came into my head - It would be nice to have a cookie now or hmm a spoon of peanut butter is healthy - what do I feel for .... on and on - I focused on the show and somewhere said to myself let's wait out this feeling for a snack - you are going to sleep in half an hour, does your body need food right now. I even asked myself "what feelings am I avoiding". "What is the need that I want to full fill ". I had a good dinner and I was not hungry. I just sat with it -the longing , the need for distraction. I sat with it .....and it went away or I forgot or I got caught up in what I was watching. MY motivation was "what will make you feel proud about you - will this honour me?". 
So that is the question - "Will This Honour Me?"
How Will You Honour Yourself Today ?

flying free


Namaste,

Natalie 

 Please view the comments on STEP ONE as they are inspiring
and connect us to each other.
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment