Monday The 26th of September We Begin for 100 Days of Living From Spirit!

Changing our thinking about how we lose weight starts with gentle exploration of our inner life as our bodies are a reflection of our own thoughts.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

STEP ONE

STEP 1

100 Days of Living From Spirit!
100 Days of Feeding your Soul and Losing the Weight!
Being in the Flow


Well, here we go ! Fall is just ahead of us and it is time to start the process of evolving beyond your limitations and be free from regret and negative self talk.
We are changing our focus to loving ourselves completely from the inside out revealing our own true magnificence.
Take a leap and join the journey - it is going to be a joyful and expansive Experience.

I hope you have spent some time, thinking about this journey if you have been following my blog, if you haven't no worries you can start now!- please see the First Step Below.

I am committing to this for 100 days. I would like us to all start together !
Monday The 26th of September We Begin for 100 Days

From one Seed

Now you know there is never a 'right ' time - I currently am recovering from a nasty cold and I have a stye in my eye, planning a 6 year old birthday party and my husbands 50 th Bash, Launching an Eco Garden for my children's Elementary school which is added to the motherly, wifely duties and an infomercial shoot next week - This is our crazed life !! I feel your angst as you go through yours . THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TO COMMIT, AS I DO (THOSE WHO KNOW ME FOR A LONG TIME KNOW MY STRUGGLE WITH COMMITMENT) The difference is feeding your soul as you live your life -

LIVING FROM SPIRIT!
I want to hear the struggle - all the gory details!
Get another friend on board if it helps or find your way with us!!
 
Changing our thinking about how we lose weight starts with gentle exploration of our inner life as our bodies are a reflection of our own thoughts.

 " With our Thoughts we Create the World"


First off please only decide to participate if this really speaks to you from a gut place inside.

This will be your own personal journey. We will be sharing our experience together but ultimately it is your own unique process of discovery.
The focus for yourself is to honour your spirit and your body which will lead to you achieving the weight loss.

Here is the First Step-

Setting an Intention and Creating A Daily Prayer/Statement.

1. Decide what weight you want to be and how much you want to lose.
This process should be joyful and inspiring. You should become excited and committed to the possibilities with all your emotional and spiritual self.

 Weigh yourself. No Judgement. Give the number no power- move forward- Next.....
Get quiet,... in  a place in your home where and when you will not be disturbed - take the time and close your eyes envisioning the you that feels free ,unencumbered.
Choose a number.
Do not use this time to beat up on yourself and allow your ego to gain control or power over this process. This will waste your time and slow down your desires.
The love and excitement will come from your commitment to take care of yourself.
Create a ceremony (light a candle call on your guides) and write down your feelings about what it will mean to lose this weight in your life. How it will affect you .
I don't mean about fitting in to clothes , more about what the weight represents to you now - how it comforts you or makes you feel safe. How the weight creates a separation from others or prevents you from living the life you see for yourself.
How will losing this weight transform your sense of self. Maybe it really is not about your weight and you can be quite happy where you are in your body . (There will also be a step where you have to accept your body as it is right now , for that is how you can move forward)

Be very clear as you write about the transformation you are about to enter - see and feel the outcome clearly.

Write a prayer or statement that you will read to yourself everyday.
(Mine is the Today prayer on my home page of my web site and my first blog entry)
This is your centering/daily statement of purpose.

Life is not stagnant and we are beings full of ambiguity and complications- and greatness!
However, all this has to be about is taking a step forward away from the stagnant view you have had about who you are and how you love yourself.
 This is about celebrating the whole you in it's splendor and yes even as you are now.
 You are a gift to the world and you deserve to live your life with joy !

Read - A year in the Making- http://feedyoursoulloosetheweight.blogspot.com/2011/06/year-in-making.html

Post a comment or you can start your own blog and I will be a follower.

We will take it  a step at a time. I will post a step a week or more as needed- You will be my guide--
Commitment and Intention is first.
I have lost 6lbs and have been living a very non dietary life.
I do not feel deprived. 


Namaste,


Natalie

13 comments:

  1. I wanted to start before bed tonight, so I wrote the following promise to myself:
    ==> I choose to find new ways to love myself toher than food.
    ==> I choose fun and joy.
    ==> I choose movement, dance, and celebration.
    ==> I choose to gently encourage myself to be connected to my physical needs all of the time.
    ==> I choose to release weight that is a protection.
    ==> I choose healthy ways of managing stress.
    ==> I choose to make an active,engaged lifestyle a priority and to start over by pluggin into it in progessively greater percentages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY.... i'm on and in!

    I am looking forward to hearing about everyone experiences etc.. first off I visited the GP this morning v v pleased with myself that I had actually managed to lose some weight - only to find out that since my last visit there (approx. a year ago) I had actually PUT ON weight! ha ha... now this has started to play tricks with me already.... however I am starting NOW today and have started not actually minding being heavier than I was a year ago but instead I feel pleased that I have commited to this new journey (and I know natalie you will be a fab galguider)..I have no children with me this weekend so intend to sort out my statement and tweak my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous said...
    Today I am beginning the journey with you lovely ladies. I ran into Natalie’s kitchen over a week ago apologizing about not getting started yet...and she stopped me with the true message of this entire journey... This is about NOT FEELING BAD!
    I need to stop feeling bad about all that I feel I am NOT and celebrate all that I am today and and all that I CAN do now and be in the future.

    I don’t love myself all of the time….I often feel insecure because I feel I LOOK unhealthy and so I must appear to be someone that is not in control of her life. I hate that part of being overweight. Just 6-7 years ago I was a totally different person…now with a 5 year old and a now struggling business I don’t know who I am…and I don’t like myself.

    I am going to abandon my “when then” planning …you know “WHEN I get this done THEN I will do this…Or WHEN I can change that THEN I will do this….this is all-or-nothing strategy that no longer works in my life. I have no control over it all and I need to stop believing that I need to control several things in order to find happiness with myself again.

    I will take this journey and truly embrace the spiritual directions offered. In 100 days I want to shed 30 pounds. It is possible. I will begin with a personal mantra and quiet dedication to myself. When I light the candle, I will think of the other women in this group doing the same …..This effort will be different that other failed attempts to “FIX’ everything. I will take this step and look to you all for ideas and guidance. Thank you…..
    September 22, 2011 11:17 AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much ! I am here and excited for this adventure. I am humbled and honored to be on this journey with you beautiful women. I am the heaviest I have ever been & know it is because I use food to numb my fears and shame. I have started to pay attention to the things i say to myself, and it seems if I get them out and challenge the validity of them, I dont binge. So, I am ready to get back to who I really am inside. Thank you ~ Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well here we go, the journey begins.

    I have never been very good at sharing my feelings, issues and problems, i always worried people are judging me, but you know what I'm fed up off feeling like that. So here and now i spill my beans, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    I am very ready for this. I feel I am always fighting with myself, soul, weight and demons. I find my ego gets in a the way a lot and I am always arguing with it.
    The past few months I have felt very depressed. Looking at my life, I feel i have achieved nothing and don't have any love for myself. I am definitley in touch with one feeling - crying - as I can't stop crying, I have a mini niagra falls in my house!!!!

    I have changed jobs recently and I am just as unhappy here as I was at my last place (is it work or is it me i ask myself). I feel I have made the wrong decision as I feel i have done all through my life. I always wonder what people think of me when they look at me - "god she's fat", "how horrible is she", "doesn't she have a mirror". It's not nice feeling like that,as i am sure you girlies understand.

    With unhappiness I find take aways follow, snacking, hiding away and just getting further and further into a pit of lonliness. However i dont want to feel as wowe as me and want to be my happy bubbly self again. So here are the things i want to achieve.

    I want to :-

    Appriciate myself
    Love myself mentally and physically
    Get in touch with who i really am
    work out my demons
    laugh more (for real)
    Be happy (for real)
    My ego to wither away.
    Loose 35 pounds.
    Stop comparing myself to everyone else
    and of course win the lottery!!! he he

    I can say already i feel better sharing this journey with you wonderfully perfect ladies!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ready ? I have weighed & prayed today ~ I'm going to listen to my body today & not what my mind is telling me

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are All so amazing as you step forward to courageously love yourself!
    Remember to be Patient and have compassion for yourself- this is like learning to walk: A completely new way of awareness - feed your spirit -connect within.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm done with a super long day at my desk and I really need to stop and do something nice for myself. It's tough when I feel as if there's more to keep doing. My to-do list seems endless! How's everyone else doing? I need to make a healthy choice right now. I think I'lls tart with a glass of water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in the ER with my 7 yr old boy last night 4 stitches in chin.I am so tired tonight . MY day started at a PTA meeting then beautification for an infomercial. I have been "ON" for 4 hours straight on a commercial set. I felt like going out for a cocktail and rewarding myself ,instead I went to the store to get dinner for my kids- take care of mode-dinner,bath bed and no time for me or how spent I feel . I will meditate tonight,as I need to get back to who I am - who am I?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Nancy here again. I Failed to read, re-read, and visit for new comments. I needed them. I am with those of you that feel scared and unhappy . Anon I have been in the crying stage... I am with you and please realize that once you step outside one morning..anyway coming up in the future..... You will take deep breath close your eyes and open them with your head back and face towards the sky and trees...breath out and think about each of us trying to make the tinny decisions to get us through. I mean it ...try it.... I promise to do it each morning let that one step connect you to a group of women all trying for the same goal.

    Anon..thank you for your honesty..because I have failed myself this week and feel weak...and I know that with just a few days of choosing to breath in a positive outlook in the morning and really be carefue about my inner dialogue that is cursing me out for not " doing what I should be doing" ... You do the same. Let's drink lots of water, promise outselves meditation even a few minutes and good stretching...just ten minute. M exericrn tells me that we will kick start this process. Yes yes I know I sound like I think I know it all...well I have started a oath in this direction so man times...but I have never had others along for the ride to help me over the bumps.

    Tonight I will remind myself that it is all up to me....others are not looking at me in the harsh light that I am looking at myself.

    Water, fruit no poaiens for me tomorrow. Thank you ladies.


    Happy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry guys that went without spell check.... Lots of run on sentences. Sorry I was trying to preview and I accidentally posted. No worries ...I am not drunk...just writing all these feelings and didn't slow down to preview. :) My last comment was supposed to say "no poisons" for me tomorrow...meaning I know that I sabotage my success when I eat unhealthy foods to handle stress. So I will work on this.

    Again sorry about the stream of seemingly unclear thoughts...I will work on previewing first.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well hello ladies.... you are all being SO good in blogging. It is fantastic to have so many points of view.

    It is comforting to hear that everyone has doubts and family traumas and underlying reticence. I have been able this week to say "no" to comfort eating and have instead poured myself a massive glass of carbonated water with ice and lemon (G&T) style. I realised that it has been 3 weeks since my last alcoholic drink - NOTE TO SELF: my skin looks AMAZING - try it!!

    I have also noticed a bit of frenzied cleaning and sorting activity (by me) about the house.... expunging dirt and grim. I have been knitting (EVERYONE will be receiving a knitted squashed rat bookmark for christmas this year), sewing, gardening - I dont know if anyone else feels this need to "do"?


    RIDDLE ME THIS: I have been invited to a Curb and Carb evening with the best gin in town!! why oh why. It's a Sleepover we have to bring a Curb Your Enthusiasm Series a homemade carbohydrate and a bottle of gin... do you think I should decline?? can I do this in moderation? Hummmf.... dont want to eradicate my social life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No deprivation - can you go to your sleep over and completely honour yourself and be in the moment- make up some fun rule that also works for you. The focus is to bring this idea of living in spirit to work in concert WITH your life.

    Nitesco - thank you for reminding us that there is power in numbers. Breathe and say I love you to yourself - we should all do that a minimum of 20 times a day. :) sometimes really taking the time to look at the sky for 2 mins connects me to the big picture.

    ReplyDelete