Monday The 26th of September We Begin for 100 Days of Living From Spirit!

Changing our thinking about how we lose weight starts with gentle exploration of our inner life as our bodies are a reflection of our own thoughts.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Restlessness .....

There it is again - "I don't feel comfortable in my skin" feeling.
 The "I should be doing this or that " or "I wish I had..." or "I should have..." Or "got to do this..."
You know all the woulda, coulda, shoulda. It all amounts to a 'restlessness' that takes us away from the moment.

Just last week I had it all planned I was going to present 'Ways I soothe myself, Instead of Eating....' Very valid as I am one who has in the past soothed myself with food.  Even if it is a yogurt at night with Television.  (Yes sometimes that still happens or nuts or peanut butter on a spoon or dried fruit). What I know is that this is a mindless habit and I do need to change it. - all that snacking before bed is plain -- well lets say it gets absorbed into my body in ways that my body is unable to process as energy. Soooo.... although I make healthy choices the habit does not work for my goals and desire to be lighter in my physical being.
Then I asked myself "What am I soothing? What is it inside of me that needs comforting?"
Maybe if i take away, reduce the need or acknowledge that my spiritual, emotional needs require attention I will not want to eat. This is different than paying attention to my feelings ...
(Here is one of many posts on Feelings - Feelings ...Feel - Release )

Life is often full for everyone and the knowing of thyself is key to having peace, to have what I truly long for; the connection to the deepest part of myself that has no end. In our busy world we forget that we are indeed emotional, spiritual beings. In all the MUST DO LISTS  we have there has to be time for me/you. It's that simple. A little spiritual indulgence can carry you through many a rough day.
  •  Go for a walk - 
  • Get your work out in - 
  • Read something inspirational - 
  • Put on some loud music and go crazy with your kids -
  • Meditate -
  • Take a yoga class-
  • Sit in a park and read an inspirational book
  • Get up early before everyone else and read a book with your coffee or tea - 
  • Garden (that's where I can loose myself)
  • Watch the sunset
I am still looking for ways that make me feel taken care of - It is the mothering of self that leaves us full of Grace.
When you feel full of Grace your Restlessness dissipates.
What is Your List? What soothes YOU?

Oh...and by the way - weighed myself this morning and the scale said 197 LBS that's down from 202lbs. Although I have not felt it as of late - it helps to know I am going in the right direction today.

Namaste,
Natalie 


No comments:

Post a Comment