Monday The 26th of September We Begin for 100 Days of Living From Spirit!

Changing our thinking about how we lose weight starts with gentle exploration of our inner life as our bodies are a reflection of our own thoughts.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Staying Still With My Discomfort

I know we all know the feeling of discomfort in our beings "I'm not feeling myself today".

The natural reaction is to just make the discomfort go away - THE SADNESS, THE ANGER, THE UNCERTAINTY. WE ALL WANT TO LIVE IN THE ILLUSION OF CONTROL IN OUR LIVES AS WE MOVE THROUGH OUR DAYS. I ESPECIALLY ALWAYS WANT TO BE PREPARED AND HAVE A HANDLE ON EVERY SITUATION, THAT BEING SAID, I HAVE PUT MYSELF IN SOME VERY UNPREDICTABLE SITUATIONS IN MY LIFE.

For one, I chose to work as a model, where I never knew for certain where my next job was coming from or what country I might travel to. Then later on in my career I  would speak in front of hundreds of people telling my story of overcoming my eating disorders. Not very comfortable I assure you.
Today as a mother of 2 young children 8 and 10 years of age - the dance of unpredictability is a daily occurrence. You either have to be a prized fighter ducking and weaving or an ice skater avoiding the thin ice. Motherhood is dicey at best - You moms know what I speak of!
So here I am these last few weeks being uncomfortable in my skin, feeling oh so many feelings and not running away from them - I admit I am meditating more as a coping mechanism- I guess that is my upside.
 I am aware and seeing how far I can go without having to shift away from the moment.
Accepting your life as it comes takes conscious attention..... stay tuned.

Moving Like the Grasses in the Wind with Ease..

No comments:

Post a Comment