Monday The 26th of September We Begin for 100 Days of Living From Spirit!

Changing our thinking about how we lose weight starts with gentle exploration of our inner life as our bodies are a reflection of our own thoughts.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Coming Clean ~ True Confessions ~ Knowing Your Best Angles

Starting the year off staring into my current reality feels right.
In October of 2015 I was forced to evaluate myself.
When I say myself - all of me ; the way I was feeling inside and out.
I have always known that I am motivated by my vanity. However this fact became even clearer to me over the last couple of months.

 I had an upcoming wedding (my darling stepdaughter) and a trip to Ireland. Pretty high stakes to say the least. My self induced, laid back approach of focusing on spirit was not moving fast enough. I had to face it, I was not in the zone of awareness at this time. Also I had to recognize that perhaps my lifestyle at the moment did not set me up for results.
Working in Real Estate, managing a family and home has not left me in the place I wanted to be for this wedding; on the physical realm that is. Then there were some factors I could no longer ignore - brain fog and headaches that plagued my daily life. My right knee was giving me a 'run for mih money" as they say in Trinidad; after a walk/run, the pain and swelling were ever present. I had to make some decisions....
I made an apt. with a doctor. The only doctor I had seen regularly was my OBGYN. My actual family doctor had passed away so I made an appointment with his replacement and came in with my litany of ailments. Did I mention I was constantly tired. Blood tests and xrays ensued. There was also the fact that after my English summer trip my weight had escalated to about 199-200 lbs. My body was not happy.
As it turns out my thyroid was out of wack and has probably been so most of my adult life. Apparently as you age it is more likely to show up on blood tests, so although I had been tested before it was now showing up as out of range. I am not going to bore you with my medical issues. The reason why it is important to mention that I did have some physical ailments is that it all relates back to me not taking care of self.
Ironically I do believe that all Dis - ease starts with spiritual, emotional and mental imbalance.

Our beings will bring our attention back to itself if we ignore the need for balance and then we have to drastically shift to re-balance.
Beaufort House Ireland (home for our stay) http://beaufortireland.com/


 So here I was deciding to make some changes and the truth be known, having upcoming wedding photos is a strong motivator for 'MOI'. So..... I contacted a friend who had lost alot of weight on a special program and signed up. My results were so welcoming and I felt sooo good. I lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks and with thyroid medication my brain fog lifted. 


I know, I know - it seems I am a big fat hypocrite !!!! Here is the thing - sometimes when you do your make up or buy a new outfit or shoes it can change how you feel inside right? Well...
Sometimes working on the physical self is warranted in shifting your 
whole being into healing. 
Beach near Dingle Peninsular Ireland

Hiking in the Gap of Dunloe Ireland
Knowing that life is a process of discovery, sometimes the right angle is changing tact and trying something new that can give you freedom to move forward. 
Ballyhseede Castle http://www.ballyseedecastle.com/
The Gap of Dunloe Ireland
Wedding site Ballyhseede Castle http://www.ballyseedecastle.com/
Mind you it is always a work in progress and #FeedingMySpirit is still my life's focus.
Having a laugh at the wedding 12-20-2015

Patricia Laughlin (my mom) Me and my daughter
` Natasha

More to come on what I did, keeping the changes and how I noticed the food shift affected my emotional being.

Namaste,



Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment